The iPhone 5s was launched just last week and despite some criticizing the phone, there are those who are genuinely excited by it, but excited enough to jump platforms? While this does not speak for all Android users, it seems that trade-in website, Gazelle, found a 210% increase in the number of Samsung phones that were being traded in during the iPhone 5s’ weekend launch. Of course there’s no telling in what they traded in their devices for as they could simply be switching to a new Android phone from either HTC, Sony, LG, or Motorola, but is it a coincidence that this spike in trade ins was during the weekend that saw the release of the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c?
There’s no way of telling, at least for now, but what do you guys think of the possibility? Any of our readers decided to jump ship to iOS after seeing the new iOS 7 and what the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c had to offer? Or is this spike in Samsung trade ins merely a coincidence? Given Apple’s fierce rivalry with Samsung, it would certainly be something of an embarrassment for the South Korean tech giant to have their devices traded in for an iPhone!
- 2014-04-10: Apple Adds Four Digital Agencies To Beat Samsung At Marketing [Report]
- 2014-04-09: iFixit: Samsung Gear 2 Battery Easily Replaced
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Apple Seeks $2.2 Billion In Damages From Samsung
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press
- 2014-04-04: Internal Email Reveals Apple's Sales Team's Worry About The Competition
- 2014-03-16: iPhone Is Most Desired Smartphone In Emerging Markets [Survey]
- 2014-03-06: Apple And Samsung Phones Found To Be Highly Desirable In Emerging Markets
- 2014-02-25: iPhone Trade-Ins Surge Online Prior To Galaxy S5 Announcement
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Wants Apple's Logo Hidden During The Olympics