Hmmm, it seems that gaining access to a particular online service is not all that plain sailing in the past few days. Google had issues with their Gmail, with slow email deliveries being one of the major thorns recently, and here we are with Microsoft’s SkyDrive – a cloud data storage service that does seem to affect a bunch of folks who are unable to see or modify their files.
In a Live Status page, it posted an alert at 4 pm Eastern time today that stated, “SkyDrive is having problems accessing and modifying files. You might not be able to view, change, upload, or delete files.” So far, it remains to be seen as to what is the cause of such issues. Of course, this is not the first time that something like this has affected Microsoft’s online services, and knowing the law of probability, it will not be the last, either. In August, Microsoft also stared down a barrel of problems which affected SkyDrive, Outlook.com and People services, with the Outlook.com problems taking a few days to resolve. That was certainly a far bleaker situation compared to today. Hopefully, Microsoft’s engineers will be able to iron out the kinks in no time at all.
Next Story: Microsoft Organizes Surface Tour For The Curious
- 2014-02-10: OneDrive Launch To Entice Users With Free Storage
- 2014-01-27: Microsoft Introduces OneDrive As A SkyDrive Rebrand
- 2013-12-22: Microsoft's Early Christmas Present: 20GB Of Free SkyDrive Storage For WP users
- 2013-11-25: Microsoft Might Rename SkyDrive To 'NewDrive'
- 2013-11-21: SkyDrive For iOS Updated With Automatic Photo Uploads
- 2013-11-19: Xbox One DVR Clips Can Be Uploaded, Shared With SkyDrive