If you’re in the market for a new pair of headphones, Sony’s lineup of MDR headphones aren’t a bad choice to pick from and apart from revealing a new phone and new camera accessories at IFA 2013 in Berlin this year, Sony has also announced a trio of new headphones that will be part of the company’s mid-ranged MDR-10 lineup.
All three headphones will come with 40mm drivers along with enlarged air vents, which in theory should allow the headphones to offer up more responsive lower frequency sound, equating to better bass. All three headphones are also expected to come with tangle-free cords, and apart from those shared features, that’s where the similarities end, and it’s also pretty much what the standard MDR-10R headphone will offer at $200.
For those looking for more features, the MDR-10RNC will come with noise cancelling features which will eliminate about 99.4% of ambient noise. Next up is the MDR-10RBT which will be ideal for those looking for a wireless solution as the model name implies, will allow for pairing with mobile devices via Bluetooth or NFC. It will also support the APT-X codec and will come with a 17-hour battery. The MDR-10RNC is expected to be priced at $270 while the MDR-10RBT will be priced at $250.
Both the MDR-10R and MDR-10RNC are expected to be made available next month, while the MDR-10RBT will be available in November.
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-04: Sony MDR-HW700DS Is World’s First 9.1ch Digital Surround Wireless Headphones System
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2013-09-12: Sony Unveils New 3-In-1 Walkman Headphones
- 2013-02-28: Sony MDR-X05 Headphones Announced
- 2012-02-29: Sony releases new headphones for spring