Sony has decided to introduce a trio of new SXRD projectors at CEDIA 2013, where among them include a couple of 4K models as well as a Full HD model for the masses. Of course, having plenty of money is one thing, but to know what to do with it is another, and for those who feel like flirting with a new projector simply because they have the means to might want to check out the brand new VPL-VW1100ES and VPL-VW600ES. Both of these will offer a DCI-approved 4,096 x 2,160 pixel resolution, where the VPL-VW1100ES remains at the top of the range projector from Sony as it arrives with a bundled 4K player, an in-home service visit, a replacement lamp and tablet controller – all for a cool $28,000, of course.
As for the VPL-VW600ES, it will be pretty much similar to the model that was introduced in Europe back in October, touting a wallet bustin’ $15,000 price tag, too, with the option to bundle it with a tablet controller. Of course, for those who do not have the kind of bottomless wallet or bank account to draw from, there is the Full HD capable VPL-HW55ES model that delivers enhanced optical efficiency and an improved cooling system. [Press Release]
- 2014-03-18: Smart Phone Projector Looks Corny But Works As Intended
- 2014-01-09: Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: Hands-On
- 2013-10-07: Piano Projector Makes Learning How To Play As Easy As Rock Band
- 2013-09-26: Sony Announces New Projectors At CEDIA 2013
- 2013-08-16: EPICT EPP-100 Projector Is Android-Powered
- 2013-04-29: Microsoft IllumiRoom Could Equip The Xbox 720 With A Projector