At the end of last month, we brought to your attention of a rumor surrounding the yet unreleased Sony QX100 “lens camera” which is said to retail for $450 thereabouts when it is finally released. Well, here we are down slightly more than a week after that rumor hit the grapevine, and there are more details concerning the pricing of not only the Sony QX100, but also the Sony QX10.
These two different models will target contrasting market segments – the Sony QX10 will be the more affordable option, retailing for $250 while packing an 18.2-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor and 10x optical zoom Sony G lens, not to mention being highly portable with a weight of approximately 113 grams thereabouts.
As for the Sony QX100, the sticker price seemed to have fluctuated upwards this time around, hitting the $500 mark, while boasting a superior 20.2-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor, which is similar to the sensor you will find in the Cyber-shot RX100 II camera. This particular sensor made its name in being capable of delivering detailed, ultra-low noise images under most lighting conditions, and it will work in tandem with a wide-aperture Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 3.6x optical zoom and a BIONZ image processor.
Next Story: Xbox One Production Steps Up Into Full Gear
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-24: Sony A3500 Camera Launched
- 2014-01-28: Sony SPA-TA1 Tablet Attachment To Launch In Japan Soon
- 2013-09-04: Sony Cyber-shot DSC QX100 and DSC-QX10 “Lens Style cameras”
- 2013-09-02: Sony Lens Cameras Could Be Called “Smart Shot”
- 2013-08-26: Sony NEX-5T with WiFi, NFC and Fast Hybrid AF