Sony has recently unveiled a new range of portable storage solutions which were specially designed for professionals who require high-speed, highly reliable data storage, for both back-up as well as transfer of content wherever they are. This new range would include a 256GB solid state drive (PSZ-SA25) as well as a pair of hard drive models which will feature capacities of 500GB and 1TB (PSZ-HA50 and PSZ-HA1T).
Regardless of which particular model that you settle for, each of these drives will come with a single USB 3.0 and a pair of FireWire 800 interfaces, which would then enable users to transfer video at up to 400MBps with the SSD model and 120MBps with the HDD models over USB 3.0. Just to give a better idea to the man on the street as to what these speeds mean for the end user, how does transferring around 30GB of video to the SSD drive in under one and a half minutes sound to you? All purchases will also feature a heavy silicon cover and protective case that allows it to withstand the rigors of field production and reduce shipping damage. Your data should stay safe thanks to integrated shock resistance which is capable of absorbing falls of up to 7.5 feet for SSD and up to 6.5 feet for HDD. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2009-12-14: PS3 Slim with SSDs considered
- 2010-01-19: Quad SSD Sony Vaio Z Due In March?
- 2010-01-25: Active Media Products 128GB SSD Drive