Just last week during IFA 2013 in Berlin, Sony unveiled their latest smartphone, the much rumored Sony Xperia Z1, which was basically an upgraded version of the Xperia Z with a 20MP camera in tow. At the same time there were rumors about Sony announcing an Xperia Z1 Mini, essentially a smaller version of the Xperia Z1, but unfortunately the device did not appear at IFA 2013 alongside the Xperia Z1. To date we have seen a couple of leaked photos of the alleged device, and thanks to a newly leaked photo, the Xperia Z1 Mini has been caught on camera alongside the Xperia Z1, as pictured above.
Since the device is not official, the specs remain unknown, but the rumors are saying that it could feature the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset with 2GB of RAM, and its 20MP camera. However other specs are expected to be “downgraded”, such as it sport a 4.3” HD display instead of a 5” Full HD display, and will offer 8GB of storage instead of 16GB. It is unclear as to when Sony will announce the Xperia Z1 Mini, but according to the source that leaked the photo, an announcement at CES 2014 could be possible, but until we hear otherwise, be sure to take it with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-03-10 Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- 2014-01-30 Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-20 Sony Sirius Compared With Xperia Z1 Side By Side
- 2014-01-14 Sony Xperia Z1 Users Complain Of Their Phones Warping
- 2013-12-16 Xperia Z1 Launched In China As The L39t