As you guys might have heard by now, Microsoft’s current CEO, Steve Ballmer, will be retiring in the next 12 months and recently he gave his farewell speech as his final company meeting as Microsoft’s CEO. The meeting was held at the Key Arena and was attended by more than 20,000 Microsoft employees, with the meeting itself being a rather emotional one as Ballmer delivered an hour-long speech.
According to The Verge, at one point during the meeting, Ballmer “proceeded to jump and dance around the stage screaming at the top of his voice “the sound of Microsoft!” After the song ended, an emotional Ballmer paused to “enjoy this for a minute,” with tears visibly streaming down his face. “You work for the greatest company in the world, soak it in.”
Ballmer also told employees that Microsoft would “deliver the next big thing” and that “we will change the world again.” It is unclear as to who Microsoft’s next CEO would be. Some have suggested Nokia’s Stephen Elop, while recent reports believe that Ford’s CEO, Alan Mulally could be next in line. Either way we guess we will have to wait and see, but in the meantime it looks like we will be bidding Steve Ballmer a fond farewell!
- Man Breaks Guinness World Record By Typing With His Nose
- Video Of Kids Reacting To A Rotary Phone Might Make You Feel Old
- Flexcoin Shuts Down After Over $600,000 Of Bitcoins Were Stolen
- Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- Samsung Oscars Selfie Retweets Matched With Equal Donation To Charities