Apple will be announcing the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C on the 10th of September, at least that’s what everyone seems to be speculating at the moment. However the question is while the devices could be debuted then, when will we see the new phones launch? The 20th of September is a date that many believe is the day Apple will release both devices to the masses, and thanks to a recent leaked document from Canadian carrier, Telus, the 20th of September date seems to be more or less the date we can look forward to.
The leaked document from the carrier has revealed that the carrier’s plans to discontinue both the 32GB and 64GB models of the iPhone 5, leaving the iPhone 5 16GB as an entry-level model of sorts. The discontinuation is expected to take place on the 28th of September which seems to be just a week after Apple allegedly releases the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. Previously it had been speculated that the iPhone 5 could be discontinued entirely as Apple will rely on the iPhone 5C as its low-cost alternative model, but we suppose a 16GB iPhone 5 model could take the spot in carrier’s as a $99 device (on contract).
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger