Twitter, fresh off word that they are lining up an IPO, has unveiled a new exclusive feature for verified users (basically those who have a blue check mark) that will assist them in filtering their Twitter mentions in the “Connect” tab which is located right above their feed. These verified users are now able to check out their mentions via a trio of different categories; namely all, filtered, and verified. The reason behind this move is to enable users to easily identify the conversations which might prove to be most important, while sifting out the rest of the riff raff and spam that comes with the territory.
Whenever you want to check out connections in the “Verified” category, it will only feature mentions by other verified users. Those who prefer to view mentions under the “Filtered” category will see posts that are, in Twitter’s words, “based on an algorithm we use to filter out spam.” This is a move which could be seen to encourage the more popular Twitter users to remain active on the micro-blogging platform, but as to whether it will achieve that goal in the long run remains to be seen. What about you, what do you think about this new feature for Twitter conversation management?
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-17: Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest