[Twitter is one method to keep track of what’s hot and what’s not, but if you were to really catch on to something which is groundbreaking, plenty of work will need to be done to achieve anything of note - for instance, scrolling through tweet after tweet for hours on end. I suppose it is more of a chore than anything else, and Twitter intends to put all of that to bed with a new push notification-based recommendation system which will be based on on @MagicRecs.
That is the account which will send tailored content-suggestions depending on who you are following at the moment. In order to enable it, all you need to do is go to the Android and iOS settings menu and enable (or disable) a buzz whenever there are favorites around, where it will follow up by retweeting whatever the platform thinks that would pique your interest or curiosity. This is the ideal “self-serve tweet” function for busy folks who want to remain in the loop, but just do not have the luxury of time to go through the tweets. I have always been in the school of thought that knowledge is power, but I suppose over the years I have changed to "knowledge is potential power, applied knowledge is power." [Press Release]
Next Story: Unofficial iMessage App Pulled From Google Play
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest
- 2014-04-14: US Airways Tweets Apology To Customer
- 2014-04-14: Girl Tweets Mock Threat At American Airlines, Gets Arrested