If you are a huge fan of Volkswagen, then you would be more than pleased as punch to read about how the Volkswagen e-Golf has been unveiled, although it has been promised to make its way to the US sometime later next year, or early 2015 if things do not work together as originally intended. The Volkswagen e-Golf is one hot hatchback that is packed to the rafters with modern day technology, including full LED headlamps for a greater degree of visibility, the ability to zoom from zero to 60MPH in a matter of 10 seconds, and more importantly, a battery which is capable of being charged from empty to 80% in a matter of 30 minutes.
Not only that, it has also obtained an 8 mile boost compared to its predecessor, which might not sound like much, but when you are in a real fix, being 8 miles nearer to your intended destination is a whole lot better than from where you are at the moment. Sure, it ain’t all that hot in terms of performance compared to gas or hybrid engines, but then again that would be comparing apples and oranges. All in all, the Volkswagen e-Golf still remains as one important milestone for the auto manufacturer. [Press Release]
- 2014-02-27: ZelectricBug Is A 1963 Beetle That Runs On EV Power
- 2014-02-21: Volkswagen Golf GTE Plug In Hybrid Revealed
- 2013-11-06: Volkswagen Beetle Fitted With A Japanese Bathtub In Its Backseat
- 2013-10-01: Volkswagen Demonstrates MARTA AR App To Help With Repairs
- 2013-09-11: Volkswagen e-Golf Announced
- 2013-08-09: SmileDrive App Launched By Volkswagen