The world of tablets is an interesting one for sure, and we have heard our fair share of rumors about Apple about to unleash a new iPhone and possibly even a new and refreshed iPad later this month. Chinese manufacturer XiaoMi has been reported to be working on a new tablet that is known as the ZiMi tablet. Is it just me, or do the folks over at XiaoMi like to mix uppercase and lowercase characters in their product names? Ah well, a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet, right?
With recent word that the former Vice President of Android Division, Hugo Barra, has already resigned from his position at Google and is on his way to link up with XiaoMi Global, this might be the ideal time for XiaoMi to line up a new product announcement due to the attention that is still freshly centered on them. Apparently, XiaoMi has already sent out an invitation to relevant parties that they will be launching a new flagship device in a few days’ time – September 5th, to be exact, and it will most probably be the new XiaoMi ZiMi tablet, also known as Purple Rice. Rumored to run on a 1.9GHz Tegra 4 processor and 2GB RAM, it will be powered by a MIUI ROM that is based on Android.
- 2014-04-03: MIUI Express Brings A Taste Of Xiaomi To Your Android Phone
- 2014-04-02: Xiaomi Shows Off Pressy Lookalike For A Fraction Of The Price
- 2014-03-31: Xiaomi Has Sold 11 Million Smartphones So Far This Year
- 2014-03-30: Xiaomi Redmi Note Sells 100,000 Units In 34 Minutes
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note