If you own a 2012 13” or 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display, or a 2012/2013 MacBook Air, you might be interested to learn that Apple has issued a software update for the devices mentioned above. The update will apparently address a rare issue that occurs with the batteries of the laptops. GIven that this is a rare issue, it might explain why it was not as widespread a problem as we would have thought.
According to the update, “This update is recommended for MacBook Air (mid 2012 and mid 2013) models. This update addresses rare issues where the battery unexpectedly stops functioning, the system does not recognize the battery, or the system hangs when the battery charge reaches less than one percent.” If you own any of the devices mentioned above and have experienced this rare battery issue, then this update is for you, so you might want to check your software updates to see if it is available for download for your device.
- 2014-04-10 Low Cost iMac, 12-Inch Retina MacBook Air Expected This Year
- 2014-03-26 Retina MacBook Air Rumored For Launch This Year
- 2014-03-23 12-Inch MacBook Rumored Once Again
- 2014-03-05 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07 Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03 OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30 Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28 Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-06-02 New MacBook Air And Pro Launch At WWDC 2013 Rumored Once Again