When the Nokia Lumia 1520 for AT&T was leaked, it revealed that the device would come with what was presumed at that time, a Qi-standard wireless charger built into the device. Unfortunately it was revealed later that not only did AT&T’s Lumia 1020 come with only 16GB of default storage, but it also dropped the built-in Qi-standard wireless charging feature. The good news is that if you wanted wireless charging, you still have that option albeit in the form of a wireless charging shell that is from PMA (Power Matters Alliance), which is essentially the Qi standard rival. This has since been confirmed by Don Mooers, the Director of Device Product Marketing at AT&T.
“In an effort to move toward making this a reality for consumers worldwide, we’ve placed our support for the public ecosystem roll out led by Power Matters Alliance (PMA). The PMA continues to expand membership and is building a strong ecosystem for wireless charging. The PMA solution is already installed at leading coffee shops, airports, stadiums, restaurants, gyms and more, which enables customers to wirelessly charge their phone while on the go.” AT&T did state that they are working to get PMA embedded into hardware in the future, but for now wireless charging for the Lumia 1520 will be a separate accessory.
- 2014-04-07: Delta Airlines To Bring 20,000 Lumia 1520 Handsets To Their Flight Attendants
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Lumia 1520 Beats Out The Competition In Blind Camera Comparison
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1520 Set To Receive Software Update
- 2014-03-09: Delta Air Lines Upgrading Nokias To Lumia 1520
- 2014-03-05: Lumia 1520 Beats Out Galaxy S5 For Gaming, According To Benchmarks
- 2014-02-26: Lumia 1520 With WP8.1 Could Be Relaunched By AT&T
- 2014-01-10: 32GB Lumia 1520 Appears On AT&T's Website
- 2014-01-07: 32GB Lumia 1520 Rumored To Arrive On AT&T January 10
- 2013-12-19: More On Black Update For AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520 Gets New Firmware Too
- 2013-11-17: AT&T Lumia 1520 Price Reduced To $99 At Online Store