Unless you live in a jungle somewhere, we’re sure you’ve gone through the experience of visiting a doctor. You’re forced to sit among other sick patients for hours just to get poked and prodded, sometimes resulting in the doctor telling you “Just walk it off.” You could have spent your time doing something better, which is why American Well is launching a new service that allows you to see a doctor online.
Even though telemedicine isn’t exactly a completely new idea, American Well makes it easier to do as you can download its app and talk to a doctor in a matter of minutes. American Well is available for iOS and Android devices and only costs $49 to have a ten-minute video chat with a U.S. trained and board-certified doctor. In other words, you’ll be talking to actual doctors and not someone with a snazzy white jacket.
American Well reminds us its app shouldn’t be used as a way to substitute in-person examinations and testing, so if you have a snapped femur, your best bet is to head on over to the doctor to see what they can do to help heal your ailment. Although if you have a cold or something simple like that, we’re sure the American Well app can help you with that.
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-03-25: BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts
- 2014-03-24: Telegram Arrives At 35 Million Users Milestone
- 2014-03-03: Xbox Live Could Extend To iOS And Android