Facebook is reportedly preparing updates for its main iPhone, iPad and iPod touch app. Only a couple of weeks back Facebook released an update for its iPhone app which brought the user interface in line with iOS 7, at that time that company didn’t update its iPad app, opting to retain the old user interface for it instead. The upcoming update is expected to bring Graph Search to iOS devices. Graph Search is a feature Facebook launched earlier this year through which users can find fellow users who’re interested in the same things, such as the same musician, TV show, movie or even those who’ve liked a particular Facebook page. Graph Search is apparently going to be located in the app’s main search bar.
The world’s largest social network is also said to be preparing an update for the standalone Messenger app, with two designs being internally tested right now. The second of the two designs is said to be “very fitting” for iOS 7 and its the one that is expected to be rolled out to users. Messenger app is also likely to get the ability to access the device’s address book in order to locate contacts that can be messaged through the app. A version with similar design is also expected to be released for Android. It hasn’t been said when Facebook will roll out these updated apps, the company hasn’t officially commented on the report as yet. [Image via 9to5Mac]
Next Story: iPad 5 Space Gray Casing High Quality Pictures
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App