So we heard that the gold iPhone 5s turned out to be quite a hot ticket item despite initial reactions and critics who felt that, based on the photos, gold would be quite gaudy. In any case not everyone needs to upgrade to the iPhone 5s, or who can’t afford to upgrade, but at the same time wants a gold finish as well. Turns out that it is a good business opportunity because according to The Wall Street Journal, vendors in China are capitalizing on the fact that gold seems to be a favored color option and are selling stickers that can be stuck onto the back of iPhone 5 devices, giving the illusion that their phones come in a gold finish as well.
According to the WSJ, “Thousands of the stickers have been sold through stores on taobao.com in less than a month, reflecting strong demand for the golden device in China. While most of the consumer reviews for the stickers are positive, some users complained about discrepancies in color and size.” Gold has been looked upon in China as a symbol of wealth, which explains why it is so popular. In fact it has been reported that in other countries, such as Singapore, the gold iPhone 5s managed to sell out at local carriers within an hour. Looks like Apple struck gold with this finish!
Next Story: Amiigo Fitness Bracelet Demoed
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-12: ChargeKey Is A Lightning Cable Small Enough To Fit On Your Keychain