One of the most highly anticipated games of this year was without a doubt Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto 5. The game raked in a billion dollars in record time and continues to sell like hot cakes. Rockstar still hasn’t said when GTA 5 for PC is going to be released, but according to new rumors, it is likely that the release might take place in early 2014.
GTA 5 is currently only available for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. “Multiple industry sources” reveal to Eurogamer that GTA 5 for PC is going to be released in the first quarter of 2014. The release plan is said to mirror that of GTA 4, which was first released for both of the aforementioned consoles back in 2008 and was followed by the PC version after nearly eight months. Over the past few weeks rumors about the possibility of GTA 5 for PC have consistently floated around, Rockstar is as tight-lipped as ever, offering no indication whatsoever if a PC version of its popular new game is in the pipeline. Rockstar says that it does not have “anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time.” An online petition has already been started, urging Rockstar to release GTA 5 for PC. As of now, the petition has amassed over 600,000 signatures, so its not like there won’t be any demand for the game when its ultimately released for the PC.
- 2014-04-16: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trailer Recreated In GTA 5
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18: GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02: Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-04: Over 32 Million Copies Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Shipped
- 2014-01-22: GTA 5 For PC Listed On Amazon France And Germany's Websites
- 2014-01-20: GTA 5 For PC Revealed In Alleged Bug Reports
- 2014-01-06: Rockstar Took A Leap Of Faith With GTA 5's Three Protagonists