The other day thanks to a report, it was suggested that Amazon’s own Android smartphone could have been designed by HTC, and with HTC making some pretty decent phones, why not, right? Well now the rumors are shifting slightly and while HTC is still the company that has been pegged to design Amazon’s Android smartphone, interestingly enough this new rumor is suggesting that the smartphone will only be offered to Amazon Prime subscribers. While this sounds like a great exclusive offer to Amazon Prime subscribers, we’re not sure if it makes sense that Amazon will want to limit their potential market share.
Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablets have gone on and sold well, so we wouldn’t be surprised if their smartphone efforts would net the same success, but limiting it to just their Prime subscribers is an odd move. Then again it is speculated that perhaps Amazon and HTC are trying something like the Facebook phone, where HTC got the exclusive to build the handset (even though it wasn’t exactly a commercial success). Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled but in the meantime, what do you guys think? Is Amazon shooting themselves in the foot with this possible strategy?
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2013-10-15 Amazon Phone, Allegedly Designed By HTC
- 2013-07-17 Nokia Rivendale, HTC Z4, Amazon GLP70 Codenames Leaked
- 2012-09-25 Amazon dates HTC Windows Phone 8X
- 2011-07-17 HTC Bliss and HTC Kingdom cases arrive on Amazon
- 2011-03-20 HTC Arrive for Sprint looks familiar to many