It seems that with the smartphone and tablet market starting to become saturated, manufacturers are turning to wearable electronics as the next big thing, what with companies such as Samsung, Motorola, and Sony having released their own smartwatches, and with the rumor mill claiming that other companies, such as LG and Apple, are working on smartwatches as well. LG’s smartwatch has been rumored for a 2014 debut but in the meantime thanks to the efforts of the folks at Phandroid, they have dug through the USPTO and have discovered a trademark filing by LG which also hints at the possible name of the South Korean company’s upcoming smartwatch. The trademark was filed for a “LG G Health”, indicating that this would seem to be some kind of wearable electronic, and with the smartwatch rumors floating about, it wouldn’t be a stretch of the imagination to think these are the same devices.
Unfortunately apart from a possible name, not much else is known about the upcoming device, although its name does suggest that perhaps LG will be marketing this more as a fitness/health-related product, as opposed to Samsung’s Galaxy Gear which seems more for general use, despite coming loaded with some fitness apps. In any case we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more information so be sure to check back with us at a later date for additional details, if there are any to be had.
Next Story: Livescribe 3 Smart Pen Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: LG G Watch Pegged For July Release, Priced At £180
- 2014-03-24: New LG G Watch Photo Shown Off On Facebook
- 2013-08-21: LG Smartwatch To Release In 2014
- 2013-03-22: LG Working On Smartwatch And Google Glass-Like Device [Rumor]