Back in 2012, LG announced the LG Optimus G handset and given that the handset is almost a year old, it makes it “old” as far as smartphones are concerned. Well the good news is that if you were hoping that the handset would get a new lease on life with the Android 4.4 KitKat update, you might be in luck as LG France might have confirmed that the handset would indeed be receiving the update and that it has been planned for a release in October. This is according to a conversation a user had with an LG representative, in which the LG rep pretty much stated that the update has been planned for a release this October.
While that does sound like good news, it should be noted that this is a private conversation had on Facebook, meaning that there’s really no way of telling if the conversation is for real or if it has been made up. Secondly there’s no telling if the rep’s statements are accurate or if it could be something that they are speculating themselves, so take it with a grain of salt for now, but at the same time given that we are already in October, we’ll definitely keep our eyes peeled for more information. In the meantime until LG makes an official announcement of sorts, try not to get your hopes up just yet.
Next Story: Mitsubishi 4K LaserVue LCD TV
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-16: Gold LG G3 Reportedly Coming This Summer
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2013-12-13: LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users [Update]
- 2013-06-21: LG Holding Press Event On August 7; Next-Gen Optimus G Incoming?
- 2013-04-03: AT&T LG Optimus G Receives Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-03-07: Sprint LG Optimus G Receives Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-02-21: LG Optimus G Arrives In Europe