Its no secret that Logitech is working on a game controller for iOS devices, certain models of the iPhone and iPod touch that is. It has already teased one such “Made for iPhone” controller, and we’ve already seen leaked pictures of it. There has now been another leak, which gives us a better look at the controller. The accompanying trademark filing reveals that it is likely that Logitech might call this controller the Powershell.
Logitech is actually not the only company that’s expected to launch its gaming peripheral for iOS devices in the near future. Moga is also reportedly working on one, and we picked up on leaked pictures of the Moga Ace Power controller as well, earlier today. It remains to be seen which company comes out first in the market with its controller. The Powershell moniker was actually originally leaked by @evleaks earlier today. A trademark and patent filing spotted by @DustinLeiblein also reveals the same moniker. The filing describes it as an “integrated game control device and battery pack for use with computers and digital electronic devices.” Granted that there’s no explicit mention of the iPhone or any iOS device for that matter, so we’ll just have to wait for Logitech’s official announcement to be absolutely sure about the moniker. Moga’s controller is rumored to have a 1,800mAh battery pack, no word as yet on the specifics of the battery pack in what may be the Logitech Powershell.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 929 Leaked On Video
- 2014-04-09: Logitech K830 Keyboard With Illuminated Keys Announced
- 2014-04-08: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse Revealed
- 2014-04-01: Logitech X100 Mobile Speaker Revealed
- 2014-03-04: Logitech Announces New Harmony Smart Keyboard
- 2014-01-27: Logitech ConferenceCam CC3000e Is An Affordable Yet Powerful Video Conferencing Solution
- 2013-10-27: Moga Ace Power iOS Controller Leaked