While the iPhone 5s is Apple’s latest and greatest iPhone to date, it seems that there are some issues with the device that Apple has since acknowledged, namely issues with the battery that has affected a small bunch of units. Our review of the iPhone 5s found that battery life on the handset to be pretty good, but unfortunately a handful of iPhone 5s users cannot say the same thing as there have been reports that because of a manufacturing issue, there is a small batch of iPhone 5s units whose battery life has been affected.
Speaking to The New York Times, Apple spokeswoman Teresa Brewer said, “We recently discovered a manufacturing issue affecting a very limited number of iPhone 5S devices that could cause the battery to take longer to charge or result in reduced battery life […] We are reaching out to customers with affected phones and will provide them with a replacement phone.” It is unclear as to how many devices out there have actually been affected, but Apple’s statement seems to suggest that there are only a few and it is not a widespread problem, nor did they mention how does one check if their battery is one of the affected ones either. Either way if you are finding battery life on your iPhone is not as it should be, perhaps you could be eligible for a free replacement.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind