Back when the Moto X smartphone was announced in August, Motorola also announced Moto Maker, which is basically an online studio that customers can use in order to add their own special cosmetic touches to their new Moto X. Up till now, Moto Maker has been exclusive to AT&T customers. If you want a custom Moto X, you must be willing to stick with AT&T for two years. It was said back then that Moto Maker would be opened up for other carriers as well down the road, and if @evleaks is to be believed, Verizon customers might finally be in luck on November 11th.
The infamous @evleaks has tweeted that Moto Maker will be coming to Verizon on the aforementioned date. If this turns out to be true, Moto X customers on Verizon will be able to customize their smartphone and have it shipped to them. Verizon itself hasn’t confirmed if this rumor is true. There are a number of cosmetic changes that customers can make. They can choose front, back and accent colors, choose storage option and matching accessories as well as add custom engraving. If you’re curious about how Moto Maker works, take a look at our detailed guide on how to use Moto Maker to customize your Moto X.
Next Story: CBS App For Android And Windows 8 Released
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-02-23: Verizon Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Release Soon
- 2013-12-10: Moto Maker Will Be Launched In Latin America Next Year
- 2013-12-09: Wooden Backplates For Verizon's Moto X Shown In Leaked Photo
- 2013-12-08: Motorola's Modular Phone Prototype "Pretty Close" To Being Ready
- 2013-12-01: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint To Offer Moto X For $0.01 On Cyber Monday