Much has been said about a new iPad mini, and after all the speculation and rumors, here are the official details from Apple. It will finally receive the long awaited Retina Display that folks have been hankering after, which would mean carrying a 7.9″ 2,048 x 1,536 resolution (326 pixels per inch, baby!) which is similar to the freshly announced iPad Air, too. Underneath the hood, you will find a 64-bit A7 processor that would deliver up to 4x faster performance compared to its predecessor. Other hardware specifications include a 5-megapixel camera and up to 10 hours of battery life on a full charge.
The new iPad mini with Retina Display will arrive in a quartet of shades – silver, white, gray and black (what, no gold?). When will it hit the market? Later this November, with a $399 price point, clearly showing that Apple is playing hardball this time around. The previous generation iPad mini will still be available with a $299 price point now. Will their pricing strategy help Apple earn record profits in the coming quarters? Only time will tell. Just to take note, the $399 iPad mini with Retina Display will be a 16GB model with Wi-Fi connectivity, while those who want built-in cellular connectivity (LTE) to accompany WI-Fi will have to pony up $529 for it. Other models for Wi-Fi only would arrive in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities at $499, $599 and $699, respectively. If you want the LTE + Wi-Fi model in larger capacities, it will cost you $629 for the 32GB model, $729 for the 64GB model and $829 for the 128GB model.
Do you like the changes that has been made to the new iPad mini? There really aren’t too much cosmetic alterations, as most of the improvements can be traced to the stuff located underneath the hood.
Next Story: iPad Air Overview
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18 Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16 iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-07-08 Second Generation iPad Mini Might Be Delayed
- 2013-05-05 10-inch Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet Rumored
- 2013-03-31 Apple Denied iPad Mini Trademark
- 2013-03-29 Apple Could Ditch Samsung As iPad Mini Display Supplier
- 2013-02-28 iFixit Deems Microsoft Surface Pro Least Repairable Tablet