Thanks to a leak earlier today, the Nexus 5’s press rendering made an appearance sporting Telus’ carrier branding. Shortly after the Nexus 5 listing was spotted on Google Play’s store and now thanks to the folks at Android Police, they have managed to pull the official press rendering from Google’s image server directly, which you can view it at this link assuming Google does not remove it. Given that this image was pulled directly from Google, this is pretty much as official as it gets and based on what we can see, the Nexus 5 will sport a new camera icon, a phone icon, and a new Gmail icon as well.
Still no word on when Google will announce the Nexus 5, but presumably it will be sometime later this month as the previous Nexus 4 was announced around this time of the year as well. The rumors are claiming the device will feature a 5” Full HD display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core chipset, an 8MP camera, and will run on Android 4.4 KitKat. It is also expected to be priced starting at $350 for the 16GB version which is according to the Google Play store listing that was sighted earlier.
- 2014-04-17 Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15 Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-03-05 Google Working To Fix Nexus 5 Camera Bug
- 2014-02-26 Google Now Launcher Makes It To The Play Store