Oppo, a Chinese manufacturer, announced the N1 only recently. On paper, it has enough specifications to rival devices from major global manufacturers. It appears that Oppo is aiming high with the N1 and that it might be looking to roll out the device globally. A presentation by the CynaogenMod team hints at the ETA of N1′s global launch, it may happen as early as next month.
The Oppo N1 launches in China towards the end of this week. It is actually the first smartphone that comes with the ability to install a custom CyanogenMod ROM without losing full warranty and community support. A version of the N1 with a CyanogenMod pre-installed is also expected to be released in the future. As per the CM team that was giving the talk, N1 global launch may take place by the end of November. It is unclear right now exactly how many markets will the N1 be launched in and how much will it end up costing prospective customers. It is also not known if the manufacturer has struck up a deal with a carrier to sell the N1 at subsidized rates in the U.S. If it has no carrier partnerships, it is likely that Oppo will only sell unlocked versions through its website.
Next Story: Nexus 5 Battery Images Leaked
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-07: Oppo Find 7a Pre-Order Going For $499 Apiece
- 2014-04-01: Oppo Find 7a Pre-Order Comes With Goodies
- 2014-03-30: Oppo Find 7a International Pre-Orders Begin April 7th
- 2014-03-23: Oppo Find 7a Outscores Find 7 On Benchmark Graphics Test
- 2013-11-18: Oppo's VP Resigns, Plans To Create The "Perfect" Android Smartphone With CyanogenMod
- 2012-09-07: Rumor: Oppo Find5 phablet with 441ppi display is coming
- 2012-06-18: Oppo Finder 6.65mm Android smartphone pre-orders now available in China
- 2011-08-16: Oppo X903 Android smartphone looks sleek
- 2009-12-15: OPPO Android phone to release next year