For quite a while now Microsoft’s Xbox 360 has been holding the number one position in the US in terms of sales, but it looks like after a 32-month long streak, Sony has finally broken Microsoft’s streak and now claims the best-selling console in the US for the month of September. This is according to the latest figures released by NPD. According to NPD analyst (via Gamesindustry.biz), Liam Callahan, one of the reasons why Sony managed to break Microsoft’s stranglehold was due in part to Rockstar’s recently released Grand Theft Auto 5’s PlayStation 3 bundle. Granted that the game was released on both consoles, we guess the bundle made the purchase a little more attractive for gamers who wanted to play the game but did not own a console.
Presumably some of these gamers are PC gamers who were hoping for the game to see a release on the PC, but as it stands Rockstar has no plans to release the game for the PC platform. In any case what do you guys think? Will Sony be able to hold onto the crown for long? Or will the Xbox 360 reclaim their former spot next month? With the PS4 and Xbox One coming it, it will be interesting to see who comes out on top then!
Next Story: Briggo Coffee Kiosk Could Be Your Future Barista
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-02-06: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Launches This April
- 2013-10-17: 50% More Gamers Prefer Xbox 360 For Online Gaming Than The PS3
- 2013-09-03: Rayman Legends Now Available On PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita
- 2013-08-14: Capcom Essentials Bundle Confirmed, Headed For PS3 And Xbox 360