Recently the rumors of Samsung’s Galaxy S5 have started to make their rounds, and with the handset pegged for an early 2014 announcement, this hardly comes as a surprise. The latest rumor from Korean news portal, ETNews, has suggested that Samsung could be introducing a 16MP rear-facing camera in the Samsung Galaxy S5, and that the sensor could either be manufactured by Sony or by Samsung’s very own System LSI division. Given Sony’s size and status as one of the largest sensor makers in the world, they will be able to produce on the scale that Samsung might need, as well as offer competitive prices, but at the same time the report claims that Samsung’s System LSI division is trying to ramp up its output to match Sony.
In any case whichever source that Samsung chooses, it is expected that their decision will be made by the end of the year. With camera megapixels on smartphones increasing with every upgrade, making the jump from 13MP to 16MP is not a stretch of the imagination, although as we have stated before, more megapixels does not necessarily translate into better photographs. In fact Samsung Electro-Mechanics has recently developed a 13MP module with optical image stabilization which might be more desirable than a camera module that just has a larger sensor. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but check back with us down the line for more Galaxy S5 updates.
Next Story: NVIDIA SHIELD 2 Could Be Unveiled In 2014
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17 Galaxy S5 Review