It was not too long ago when we brought you word that Sony’s full frame NEX cameras which are to be released soon were rumored to be known as the Sony A7 as well as the Sony A7R. Well, I guess all of those rumors have proven themselves to be true, as at least a couple of leaked press shots have been caught in the wild, revealing a whole lot more of the full frame mirrorless cameras in the process. These images will give legs to previous rumors by propping them up with confirmation of a built-in viewfinder, in addition to pointing to options of carrying a Zeiss-branded 35mm f/2.8 prime lens that you can see above as well as a 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 standard zoom.
Not all things are extremely rosy, however, as there are no additional photos for us to ogle over from other angles in order to discover more about the Sony A7 and the Sony A7R. Interestingly enough, however, the folks from Sony Alpha Rumors do lay claim that the A7R’s 36-megapixel sensor will be able to omit the standard anti-aliasing filter so that it can preserve detail instead, similar in manner to the Nikon D800E. Sony has been teasing a possible camera launch for tomorrow in Japan, so chances are we will not have to wait for too long for additional (and official!) information to surface.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment