Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) has just announced that when November 13 arrives later this year, it will roll out the all new PlayStation App. This particular application will target mobile devices, and folks living in the US will be able to enjoy it first, while our friends who reside across the pond will have to wait for slightly more than a week after that – November 22nd to be exact. Oh yeah, it is also nice to hear that the PlayStation App will not cost you a single cent.
Among the compatible devices with the PlayStation App are the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android-powered smartphones and tablets, where you can pick it up from the App Store and Google Play. I guess BlackBerry and Windows Phone owners will have to sit this one out! When installed, these devices will function as secondary displays in supported PlayStation 4 titles, while letting you access PSN features such as Friend Lists and Trophies in a jiffy. Hmmm, does this mean that it pays to have a higher resolution display on your mobile device in order to maximize the visual beauty of a PS4 title?
Apart from that, users of the new PlayStation App can exchange messages with members of their Friends List, in addition to browsing through news and information on the official PlayStation website. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-03-04: Sony Socialife News Reader App Now Open To All Android Phones
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2011-09-14: PlayStation 3 controller made to work with Android phones
- 2011-01-17: VUDU for PlayStation 3 available now