Android enthusiasts around the world wait anxiously for the latest Android 4.4 KitKat update to arrive on their devices. Google has said that it will push out the update for supported Nexus devices within the coming weeks. Out of the OEMs, only HTC has given a timeframe on when to expect the update for its One smartphone in North America. The rest will first test the update prior to rolling it out, then there’s the matter of carrier approval, which may take a few weeks as well. The roll out is definitely going to take some time, but Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners may find solace in the fact that the manufacturer has apparently started testing the update for its new phablet.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was announced back in September. It was definitely one of the most anxiously awaited devices that the company was expected to release this year. It ships with Android 4.3 pre-installed, Samsung is yet to provide a timeframe for when it will release Android 4.4 KitKat for it. The bit about the update entering testing phase comes from the folks at Sammobile, who have a good track record when it comes to unreleased Android firmwares. There haven’t been rumors of the update being tested for any other Samsung device, so its likely that the Note 3 might become the first Galaxy device to receive Android 4.4.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-01: Samsung Launches The All New Galaxy Tab 4 Lineup
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-03-05: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20: Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18: Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories