It wasn’t too long ago that Apple’s recently announced 13” MacBook Pros with Retina display were hit with an issue that affected the device’s trackpad and keyboard. Apple has since announced that a fix would be on its way and sure enough it has. Apple has announced that a fix for the issue has been released today and the MacBook Pro Retina EFI Update V1.3 can be downloaded via the Mac App Store. According to Apple, this fix should address the issues mentioned above, so if you’re a MacBook Pro owner who is suffering from issues affecting your trackpad or keyboard, this fix is for you.
For those unfamiliar, the issues involved how the trackpad and keyboard would hang or suddenly become unresponsive, and the only way to “fix” the problem at that time would be to restart the laptop via a hard reset which is basically pressing and holding onto the laptop’s power button until it turns off. The issue was reported around the 28th of October so kudos to Apple for working relatively quickly to release an update that would address it. If you have already downloaded the update, let us know in the comments below if it works for you!
- 2014-03-05 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-03 OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30 Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28 Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-10-22 Macbook Pro late 2013: Updated Nicely