In recent months we haven’t heard a lot of rumors about future BlackBerry smartphones, that’s because almost all speculation was focused on BlackBerry’s future in the business. Since that has died down a bit now, we’ve finally beginning to hear whispers about expected product. Last week we heard that the company might be working on mid-range devices in its C-Series lineup. The latest rumors suggests that BlackBerry Z50 and Q30 will be next year’s flagship smartphones from the Canadian manufacturer.
The company has said that it will review its device strategy, and that next year it may only release four devices, two high-end and two mid-range. The Z50 and Q30 are expected to be high-end, the obviously successors to the existing Z30 and Q10. The BlackBerry Q30 is expected to be released in the second half of 2014 and it is likely to have a full QWERTY keyboard. The BlackBerry Z50 is believed to have a 5.2 inch full 1080p HD display as well as a quadcore processor, this device is expected to release in Q3, 2014. No word on pricing and availability as yet, no purported images have leaked as of now. BlackBerry obviously hasn’t confirmed as of now if these two devices are coming in 2014.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales