If you think that the tablet in the image above is an iPad from Apple, you would be mistaken, although you could be forgiven for thinking so. Upon first glance the Chuwi V88 does indeed resemble Apple’s iPad (the older models at least), and while its design does look like the iPad, its size at 7.9” would feel more like the iPad mini. In any case if you’re wondering who Chuwi are, you can’t be blamed if you don’t know because they are one of the many manufacturers in China who are responsible for putting out Android-based tablets and smartphones for the Chinese market.
As far as the Chuwi V88’s specs are concerned, the tablet will sport a 7.9” display with a resolution of 1024×768 with an aspect ratio of 4:3. It will be powered by a Cortex A9 quad-core processor clocked at 1.8GHz and will come in 1GB or 2GB RAM options. It will also feature 8GB to 32GB of onboard storage, front and back cameras, and the usual connectivity options such as Bluetooth and WiFi, although it does not appear that it will support cellular data. In terms of operating system, we would be looking at Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Priced starting at $176.95, it can be yours via Newfrog’s website.
- 2014-04-24 Two Thirds Of iPad Users Are New To The Device
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)