It was recently reported that Japan is now Apple’s fastest growing market. The Land of the Rising Sun is where Apple’s operating profit grew in the last fiscal year, it is also the market from where Apple is getting its biggest profit margins from. Recent statistics from WSJ reveal that Apple commands 37 percent and 50 percent of the smartphone and tablet market in Japan, respectively. Figures released by Kantar World Panel reiterate Apple’s dominance in Japan as 76 percent of all smartphones sold in Japan this October were accounted for by the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c.
Apple’s increase in market share with the new iPhones can also be attributed to the fact that NTT DoCoMo, the country’s largest mobile operator, is now carrying both new iPhones. 61 percent of the sales that Apple amassed in October were generated by NTT DoCoMo. During the past fiscal year, Apple’s sales in Japan have climbed almost 30 percent and its margins are 15 percent higher in the country than anywhere else in the world. It goes without saying that Japan is a very lucrative market for Apple right now, and figures like these keep coming in, customers in Japan will surely continue to put a lot of green on Apple’s balance sheets.
- 2014-03-30: NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28: Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17: Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17: Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2014-03-14: SoftBank's CEO Reveals How He Brought The iPhone To Japan
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-03: iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- 2014-01-29: iOS 7.0.5 For iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Released
- 2013-12-01: New iPhones Continue To Dominate Japan's Smartphone Market