When it comes to Android smartphones, brands such as Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, and Sony usually come to mind, although in all fairness, companies such as Lenovo have also released their own smartphones, such as the Vibe Z as a prime example. Well it turns out that Lenovo has been doing pretty well for itself as far as smartphones are concerned because according to a new report, Lenovo has managed to edge LG out and claim the third largest smartphone maker in the world.
Lenovo might not have much of a presence in the US and European markets as far as smartphones are concerned (computers are a different story), but it seems that China’s large population was enough to keep the company busy, as well as large enough to the point where they could even edge out the likes of LG, who safe to say is probably a more recognized smartphone brand. Needless to say the top two spots are still being dominated by Samsung and Apple, with Samsung taking first place with 32.1% of the market, and Apple with 12.1% of the market, falling from its original market share of 14.3%.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2014-03-31: Motorola By Lenovo Brand Might Be Under Consideration
- 2014-03-30: Lenovo Recalls ThinkPad Batteries Over Fire Hazard
- 2014-03-21: Lenovo Spends $100 Million Acquiring New Patents And Licenses