LG’s latest Android flagship smartphone, the G2, has brought in rave reviews. The device has been appreciated by Android enthusiasts around the world, and those who have already picked up a unit for themselves are anxiously waiting for Android 4.4 KitKat to drop. So far there hasn’t been any indication when the update is going to be released in the U.S., though word has arrived from LG Canada. Court Elliot, a representative for the company in Canada, says that LG G2 Android 4.4 update is going to be released in late Q1, 2014, which means possibly by the end of March next year.
Elliot also says that all carriers in the country are going to receive the update at the same time, though that doesn’t mean all carriers are going to release the update at the same time as well. Some carriers tend to test out the updates a little longer before rolling them out. The representative across the border did not comment on when the update is going to be released for LG Optimus G, the company’s former flagship which is currently running on Android 4.1.2. Those who are using the Verizon variant of the device in the U.S. can try out KitKat right now through an unofficial custom ROM.
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-03-31: Sprint LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Available Now
- 2014-03-27: LG G Flex Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-03-19: International LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-03-03: LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- 2014-03-02: T-Mobile LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Released