Back when Motorola first announced the Moto X, they also stated that the device would be limited to the US market for now. Given that the device is pretty unique in terms of how it can be customized, along with some of its features, safe to say there were plenty of users in overseas markets who were looking for a way to get their hands on the device. Well the good news is that it looks like the Moto X could make its way to other parts of the world in the future, although for now nothing has been confirmed yet.
This is according to an interview with TechRadar, where Motorola’s Senior Marketing Director, Marcus Frost, stated that there was a possibility of the Moto X heading to the EMEA region. Frost did not confirm a time when the device would launch, if at all, but simply stated that the company was curious about the region and how the Moto X would fare, saying, “The reception of Moto X has been fantastic and we’re continuously perusing opportunities in the EMEA region, so really watch this space.” Once again this is not a confirmation, but it’s still somewhat exciting news for our friends over in the EMEA region who were looking forward to getting their hands on the device.
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched