Despite the usual names of manufacturers making the headlines when it comes to smartphones, there are actually a fair amount of other manufacturers out there who aren’t necessarily getting the same amount of attention. One of them is Taiwanese company BungBungame who has been known for their apps and budget tablets that have typically been restricted to the Taiwanese market. It looks like they are planning to expand their horizons and have since launched an Indiegogo project where they are seeking funding for $5 million to create a new smartphone that they are calling Project S for now.
So what sort of specs might we be able to expect from the Project S smartphone? Well according to its spec sheet, we could be looking at a 5.8” 2560×1440 display, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, an octa-core processor (presumably by MediaTek), a 16MP camera, and will be both waterproof and dustproof with IP55/IP58 certification. It sounds like a pretty impressive device, and to top it all off, the handset will cost a very affordable $299! We’re not sure if BungBungame plans to make this phone available around the world, but to learn more about Project S, hit up its Indiegogo page for the details, or check out the video above.
Next Story: Verizon Now Offering Moto X For Free On Contract
- 2014-04-04: The Body Dryer Wants To Do Away With The Need For Towels
- 2014-03-24: iHear Is A Hearing Aid That Can Be Calibrated Over The Internet
- 2014-03-07: Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- 2014-03-04: Lifesaver iPhone Case Will Attempt To Save Your Life
- 2014-02-21: Publisher Plans On Printing The Entire Wikipedia