Smartwatches are definitely the “in” thing in technology these days and if the recent wave of smartwatches have not managed to meet your criteria, fret not because Qualcomm’s own smartwatch, the Toq, will be seeing a release on the 2nd of December (Cyber Monday) and will be priced at $350. This price makes it a tad more expensive than the Samsung Galaxy Gear although we don’t know yet if the $50 price difference is justified or not.
We first caught wind of the Toq smartwatch back in July when a trademark was filed, and it was a couple of months after that the device was actually announced. For those who weren’t following the news, Qualcomm designed the Toq smartwatch as a reference design of sorts, similar to what NVIDA did with the Tegra Note 7 which has since been made by a handful of manufacturers.
The watch will be released as a limited run production, although we’re not sure how many units Qualcomm plans on producing, but you might want to place your orders ASAP if you don’t want to miss out on the opportunity of owning it. The device will sport Qualcomm’s Mirasol display, wireless charging, and stereo Bluetooth audio, just to name some of its features.
Qualcomm has announced that you will be able to order the device via their website, but as it stands they are not taking orders at the moment but you can leave your email address and be notified when pre-orders are open. So, any takers?
- 2014-04-07: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 And 808 Announced
- 2014-03-24: OnePlus One Will Tout Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3
- 2014-02-24: Nexus 6 Relies On 64-bit 8-Core Snapdragon 810 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-23: Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Gets $100 Price Cut
- 2014-01-06: Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Price Receives $50 Cut
- 2013-12-02: Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Now Available For Purchase
- 2013-11-25: Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Now Up For Pre-Order
- 2013-09-04: Qualcomm Launches Toq, Its Very Own Smartwatch