We have been consistently hearing rumors that Samsung is working on a large tablet, so far 12.2 inch is expected to be the display size. If the latest rumors coming out of Korea are believed, the company might even be working on another large tablet, a purely gigantic 13.3 inch that its going to release in 2014. Samsung’s 12.2 inch tablet is expected to go into production by the end of this year, it will apparently be released in the first quarter of 2014. As far as the rumored 13.3 inch tablet is concerned, no timeframe for its release has been provided as yet.
Samsung obviously hasn’t confirmed that it is working on said tablet, and it probably won’t say anything about it prior to its official announcement. Details about the internal specifications of this tablet are scarce at the moment, so its not known exactly what processor and RAM combination might power this behemoth of a tablet. A recent report suggests that Samsung is going to focus a lot more on tablets next year, perhaps that might result in the company releasing a bevy of large tablets. Samsung’s arch rival Apple is also said to be working on a large tablet, it borders around the 13 inch mark apparently, just yesterday we heard that the 12.9 inch iPad has entered testing phase over at Foxconn.
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards