After much waiting around and listening to the rumors, both South Korean tech giants, Samsung and LG, have taken the wraps off their smartphones that take advantage of curved displays. For Samsung it is the Galaxy Round, while LG’s take on curved displays resulted in the LG G Flex, with both models being based off current devices by the two companies, the Galaxy Note 3 and LG G2 respectively. In any case it seems that smartphones with curved displays are somewhat of a novelty, but apart from the fact that they might be tougher and harder to break, what other practical uses are there? Well Samsung decided to share a few concept smartphones with flexible displays with the folks over at OLED.at.
One of the concepts, pictured above, shows a smartphone that looks like it has been inspired by flip phones during the feature phone era, which we guess is kind of the point as the flexible displays would allow the phone to be folded up, thus transforming a device with a large display into something more pocket-friendly. This is just one of the concepts but we have to admit that it is an interesting one. We’re not sure how long it will take before flexible phones like the one above are a reality because not only does the screen have to be flexible, but other components as well, such as its battery and its circuitry, but in the meantime what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo