We originally covered the Slope and Slope mini iPad stands last year when the project was seeking donations through a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. It received well over its $60,000 goal, raking in $89,104 from over 1,000 backers. Almost an year down the line, the Slope and Slope mini stands have finally gone on sale today. Made from aerospace grade aluminum, the stands use two nanofoam pads, one to grip the surface they’re placed on and the other to hold the tablet in place. Slope and Slope mini are good for any 10 inch and 7 inch tablet with a flat back, respectively, so both the iPad and iPad mini are covered.
The elegant design and construction makes them feel like an extension of the iPad. The stands have been designed to hold the tablet two inches off the surface, and for optimal viewing on the desktop, they hold the tablet at a 66° slope. As previously mentioned, the stands have finally gone on sale today. You can purchase a Slope mini today for $54.99, it ships immediately. Slope for 10 inch tablets is priced $59.99 and it also ships immediately. Along with the stands, two protective film covers for the pads and one microfiber towel for cleaning is also included.
Eliane Fiolet contributed to this report from the ground.
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad