The launch of a next-generation console can be met with both joy and anxiety as those who bravely purchase a console during its launch know things may not go as well as they assume for several weeks. Sony knows this and is attempting to entice those of you who are sitting on the fence in regards to purchasing the PlayStation 4 by offering some launch freebies.
Sony’s PlayStation 4 will launch next week, and today, the company is announcing three freebies for those of you who pre-ordered the console during its launch. Those who purchase a PlayStation 4 in the U.S. and Canada will receive a $10 credit towards the purchase of anything on the PlayStation Store, which includes not only games, but also movies and anything else available in their digital store. The second goodie is a 30-day free trial of Sony’s Music Unlimited service, although if you’re currently a subscriber, you won’t be able to use the trial as it’s only good for new premium plan subscribers.
The last freebie is a 30-day free trial of PlayStation Plus, which we found out earlier this year is going to be required for much of what you do on the PlayStation 4, including playing multiplayer games.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-11: Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- 2013-12-10: PS4 Achieves Nearly 800k Gameplay Broadcasts, Over 7.1m Spectate Sessions
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-12-05: PS4 Reaches 6.5 Million 'Shares' Since The Console's Release