T-Mobile had already confirmed that it will be carrying Google’s latest smartphone, the Nexus 5, it just hadn’t provided a concrete launch date back then. But now it has. The carrier has announced that the Nexus 5 launches on November 14th on its website, whereas the smartphone will be launched in Magenta’s retail stores on November 20th. We had heard last week that the carrier is expected to launch Nexus 5 on November 20th, so that particular rumor has definitely turned out to be true.
From the Google Play Store, the Nexus 5 16GB model costs $349.99. T-Mobile customers won’t have to put that kind of money upfront, they’ll have to pay $41.99 upfront and then make 24 equal monthly payments of $17. That amounts to $449 for the 16GB model, which is kind of steep, so unless you decide to subscribe to T-Mobile’s Jump program, you might be better off by purchasing the Nexus 5 straight from Google. The Nexus 5 comes with a 5 inch full HD display, a 2.26GHz quadcore processor, an 8 megapixel rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization and it is the first smartphone to ship with Android 4.4 KitKat pre-installed. Nexus 5 is compatible with T-Mobile’s 4G LTE network. T-Mobile is also offering the new Nexus 7 tablet, Magenta has already started accepting pre-orders for it.
Next Story: Xbox One Won't Initially Support 3D Blu-rays
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2013-11-14: Nexus 5 Now On Sale Officially On T-Mobile
- 2013-11-11: Nexus 5 Pre-Orders Now Live At T-Mobile's Website
- 2013-11-06: T-Mobile Nexus 5 Launch Rumored For November 20th
- 2013-10-30: T-Mobile Rumored To Offer Nexus 5 On Launch Day Itself