Uber on-demand car service, which is gradually expanding operations in various cities around the world, now lets customers pay via PayPal. It has released new versions of its iOS and Android apps which include PayPal built-in as a form of payment. To promote this new partnership, both the companies are running a promotion till November 28th. Customers can get $15 off on rides they pay for using PayPal.
The on-demand car service already accepts credit cards and Google Wallet as modes of payment, however PayPal integration will aid its global expansion, says Uber CEO Travis Kalanick. PayPal integration only allows customers to pay fares for their rides at this point in time, however its possible that Uber might incorporate more features in its app in the future, such as allowing customers to check their account balance from within in car service’s app. The partnership is also beneficial for the payments company, as it gets to show off its new mobile SDK. PayPal’s mobile SDK will go live next year and it will allow third-party developers to add PayPal’s payment option in their own apps. Thus their users won’t have to exit the app to pay via the company, which would automatically enhance user experience.
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 First To Support PayPal Fingerprint Payment Authorization
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-19: Samsung MWC 2014 Event May Unveil Partnership With PayPal