Yahoo announced today that it has released an updated version of its Yahoo Finance app for iPhone and iPad. The app now delivers personalized news, real-time insights and data in an entirely redesigned experience, allowing users to follow the stocks and companies they need to keep any eye on, whenever and wherever they want. The app displays real-time price changes, interactive charts as well as breaking news and information about publicly listed companies.
Alex Diaz, VP Mobile and Emerging Products at Yahoo, says that the Finance app for iPhone and iPad was completely reimagined. This was done to offer a “beautiful personalized experience” coupled with top news and data based on the user’s favorite stocks and interests. Push notifications have been added to the app as well, so that users are notified about important stories the moment they break, thus allowing them to make quick and informed decisions about the stocks and companies they follow. To track historical changes, the app comes with redesigned interactive stock charts that make it easy to compare performance trends. To see related price changes, users can compare any stock, market or index. Visualizing company and market data is as easy as swiping, pinching and panning across the chart. The new Yahoo Finance app is available as a free download from the App Store.
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition