The weekend is nearly upon us, which means for those of us who have a regular 9-to-5 job, spending every waking moment with our video game consoles is almost here. If you plan on gaming on any Sony consoles or handhelds, which of course means the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, get all of your gaming in this weekend because when Monday comes, Sony is going to be running a scheduled maintenance on the PlayStation Network for eight hours.
Sony’s official European PlayStation Twitter account made the announcement of the upcoming scheduled maintenance earlier today. On Monday, expect there to be network maintenance on the PlayStation Network to take place from 11 a.m. ET to and is expected to end at 7 p.m. ET. Those times aren’t exactly known to be prime time for gaming sessions, but if you happen to be off on Monday or work in the evenings, your morning / afternoon game time may be affected.
If you recently signed into your PlayStation Network, then you should expect your online gameplay experience to go on without a hitch, although if you haven’t signed into your account for some time, you won’t be able to sign into your account or play online during the downtime.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19: Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]
- 2013-11-18: PS4 Blue Light Of Death Fixes Suggested By Sony
- 2013-11-15: Infamous: Second Son Releasing On PlayStation 4 March 21, 2014